Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Journey to the Heart


Solitary Heart
Originally uploaded by soulvision.

It was a magical moment when I found this heart shaped stone. Just as I was about to click the camera, a little trickle of water flowed out of the Heart like a teardrop. Is it human weakness or human strength? I saw that the Heart can bleed and remain strong at the same time. It felt healing as though it was giving me permission to live and love more deeply.
I was remembering this small part of a poem from the "Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran.

"But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears."

7 Comments:

Blogger Luz said...

You found this stone? Amazing.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I think it found me! It really is a beautiful piece of stone and I have it sitting in a little water fountain that I have in my house.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Junniper, MPA said...

That is a great story--and a great photograph!

Maybe another reason for the drop (albeit a little cliche) is that excess love is escaping, reminding us all that we've got a lot of extra love to give.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks junniper, a wonderful thought. This image of the heart is exactly that, strong and overflowing with love, even when it appears vulnerable or bleeding. Instead of closing up the heart remains, full and open...it is when we stop giving love that we can no longer accept love...and that is sad.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Borya said...

I agree on that we have a lot of extra love to give. And due to my experiences, it's much easier to give love than to receive it. That's my personal view, I know. But I got better along that way so far. Every time somebody appeared to give me something, when it became a two way dream (or reality, as Yumiko would say), something made click in my head and it failed. With the people I'm happy with only giving to them, I get along brilliantly, I feel very comfortable. Not that I wouldn't like it to be different somehow, but it never was.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Borya said...

Oh, and since I'm looking at your blue blog right now, I suggest you to look out for "In the arms of love: Lullabies 4 children + adults" or "The hours between night + day" next to explore the world of Ottmar a bit more. :-)
The first one is a very calm album, it has no Flamenco in it except for the guitar OL plays.
The second one could be the best right now. It's like a story, it features many ambient sounds and has an asian touch (the use of instruments, the choice of themes (Bombay, Goa, Buddha)).
In case you haven't noticed it yet. OL does Zen. Recently much more intense then before.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks Borya, I have listened to a few songs from Lullabies in the Listening Lounge and they are very lovely. I'm curious about "Hours Between Night+Day"...I have been to India several times and the Easten influence attracts me so I think that one is next. And yes, I have been reading OL's INJournals with great interest.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home