Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

It was a happy Mother's Day at work for me. All day long family came in to visit their Mom, the regulars and those that have come a long way and only get to visit rarely. It's nice to meet them, and get to know a little more about their loved ones. There was a steady flow of flowers being delivered and beautiful bouquets from the garden. Bunches of purple and white Lilacs filled the air with their perfume. Old fashioned irises, tulips and daffodils are everywhere....and for Mother's Day Tea, we brought out the fine china tea cups. Then I remembered the ones I have at home from my Mother. And I thought about my Mom too. She is a gem and has a big heart! After work I took down a pretty china teacup and saucer, made tea and phoned her to wish her a Happy Day.
My Mother's Day came as a surprise to me last evening. Saffron and her boyfriend Talenn were waiting for me as I walked in the door from work. There was a bouquet of flowers on the table and some very relaxing music playing, and an invitation with tickets to go see a performance of Pippin at the High School. The flowers were from Saffron's Dad, my ex, who has never stopped honoring my role as mother and it means so much to me and to Saffron. The music playing was a CD from Talenn! It was Native Indian flute and very nice. He said, "you deserve it for putting up with us teenagers"! They are pretty awesome teenagers! And the tickets for Pippin were from my dear daughter Saffron, who knows what I like and spending time like this together with her is the best. Pippin was a wonderful story and the enthusiasm of these young actors was refreshing to see, as well as the amazing talent. There were moments where they really did shine with all their potential! Thanks for a great Mother's Day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

It's so nice when our children are old enough to appreciate us & understand us. I had an awesome weekend (my birthday on Sat) and Mother's Day on Sunday. On Sunday were were at our neighbour's & my neighbour's mother was there. Talk came 'round to mother-daughter relationships. When we got home & I went in to say good night to my daughter she said to me "I am so glad we have such a wonderful relationship, Mom. I love you." Need I say more?

6:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That says it all! Hey my Mom's BD was on Sat. as well, Happy Belated Birthday Heather! How old is your girl?

6:36 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

She will be 19 on the 27th..legal drinking age in Ontario...she is very excited. I also have a son who will be 17 on the 17th: we have May covered 7th, 17th and 27th...I think 7 must be our lucky number.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Oh...and thank you for the birthday wishes.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home