Tuesday, May 24, 2005

illumination


illumination
Originally uploaded by soulvision.

It seems as though everything is more beautiful than ever since I started taking pictures. As everything comes alive again after the dead of winter, it's almost overwhelming at times and I feel like all I want to do is capture every momeent with my camera!! I was told this will wear off soon, but in the meantime I think it is teaching me something. Balance for one. And how to appreciate the beauty I see around me as well as within.

"ON BEAUTY" by Kahlil Gibran
All these things have you said of beauty,
Yet in truth you spoke not of her but of needs unsatisfied,
And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy.
It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth,
But rather a heart enflamed and a soul enchanted.
It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear,
But rather an image you see though you close your eyes and a song you hear thought you shut your ears.
It is not the sap within the furrowed bark, nor a wing attached to a claw,
But rather a garden for ever in bloom and a flock of angels for ever in flight.

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Well said, Wendy. I am finding the same: since I started taking all these pictures I am constantly looking around me & composing photos around me. I look at my garden with renewed interest searching for the smallest buds to capture. The "frustrated artist" in me has been given flight.

5:30 AM  
Blogger MT Callahan said...

I like looking at things and trying to imagine how it looks to someone else.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yah, along with seeing everything thru the lens of a camera comes this really strong feeling to share it! The photo and the moment!! And I find that frustrating.The sound of the birds chirping or the wind blowing in the trees. The sweet fragrance of pine and blossoms like perfume in the air...flickr comes pretty close, but nothing is like the real thing.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Borya said...

The "frustrated artist" in me is in Paris right now and already missed two shots of some nice and interesting looking women. One of them was riding thru the city on a bike with a cat in a basket right in front of her. So nice a picture.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Luz said...

Nice Blog Wendy. Since I started blogging this past year, I have found myself more illuminated in ways I never imagined. I too find myself looking for the ultimate picture. I want to take my camera everywhere now but it is a bit bulky so looking into buying a smaller camera that's pocket sized.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, so it seems as though we're not the only ones! All the years I travelled to the Far EAst, I took my camera but would end up only taking about a dozen pictures. Felt like it spoiled the moment to stop and take a picture. So allowing the creativeness to come now is a new experience for me alright. Being creative doesn't mean having to be perfect, that is what spoils the moment! Maybe that's why artist's are known to be a little moody, striving for nothing but perfection could drive a person crazy!
Borya, sounds like it could make you crazy there in Paris! Keep on snapping and enjoy.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home